Thames Path Challenge – September 2013
Get Fit – Walk. Jog. Run 50/100km
Putney to Henley | 14/15 Sep
2012 Photos | YouTube Video
2012 Event News | Join Event on Facebook
Starting close to Putney Bridge the Thames Path Challenge is an epic endurance walk against the clock following the unique Thames Path National Trail.
Take on the ultimate Thames Path Challenge 100km route to Henley, a tough endurance walk within 24 hours or ultra-marathon run in under 15hrs.
50km – a daytime walk Putney to Runnymede or Runnymede to Henley. Or an overnight walk from Runnymede to Henley. With ‘Marathon Plus’ runs available for both sections in under 7hrs.
Choose your distance, set your watch!
Be part of the challenge which will see hundreds of walkers attempt the course and fundraise for The Hunger Project as part of our World Hunger Day 2013 celebrations.
Sign up in teams of friends, colleagues or join as an individual and meet fellow challengers along the way. It will be a weekend to remember!
- The ultimate 100km challenge – target time under 24hrs!
- Ultra Marathon Runners fully supported
- 50km daylight challenges (3 options) – target of 12hrs!
- Assemble your own team – tackle the course together
- Join as an individual – and we’ll support you all the way!
- Replenishment checkpoints along the way
- Hot food stops @ 50km, 75km, and 100km
- Fully supported with pace walkers, medics, physios
- Participant area online with training and fundraising resources
- £60 (50km) / £85 (100km) to sign up + fundraising pledge
- 2000 Runners and Walkers expected for the event
- Training walks from both Action Challenge and The Hunger Project
Registration is open until July 2013 – plenty of time to don your trail shoes, plan your training, and start fundraising. See you on the Path!
Any questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07595 222 354
Thanks to Jason @ www.thames-path.net for helping us promote the Thames Path Challenge and to Tanweer @ Print Express for kindly donating the printing and design for our Thames Path Challenge flyers.
T’s & C’s | Reg Checklist | FAQs | Start Fundraising | Route Map | Event e-News
Both 50km and 100km Thames Path Challengers start in Bishops Park, Fulham and follow the River Thames Path National Trail towards Henley. 50-75 Challengers will start every 15 minutes from 7am – 11am (your start time will be confirmed 2 weeks before the event). Key places of interest for the Thames Path Challengers include:
Putney, Barnes, Kew,
Richmond | 15km Point (Snack Stop) – Twickenham, Teddington, Kingston, Surbiton,
Hampton | 30km Point (Packed Lunch) – East Molesey, Sunbury, Walton-on-Thames,
Shepperton | 38km Point (Snack Stop) – Laleham, Staines, Egham,
Runnymede | 50km Finish/Halfway (Hot Food)
Windsor | 60km Point (Snack Stop) – Eton/ Eton Riverside
Dorney | 69km Point (Snack Stop)- Maidenhead,
Cookham – 78km Point (Hot Food) – Bourne End,
Marlow – 85km Point (Snacks) – Bisham, Medmenham,
Henley – 100km Finish (Hot Food) 15.09.13