Who’s feeding the world this Christmas
Mothers grow nearly all the food in Africa and nearly two thirds of the food in South Asia and Latin America.
Invest | JustGiving | Everyclick | MyDonate | Virgin Giving
Women bear almost all responsibility for meeting basic needs of the family, yet are systematically denied the resources, information and freedom of action they need to fulfill this responsibility.
The vast majority of the world’s poor are women. Two-thirds of those unable to read or write are female. Of the millions of school age children not in school, the majority are girls. And today, HIV/AIDS is rapidly becoming a woman’s disease. In several southern African countries, more than three-quarters of all young people living with HIV are women.
To end hunger. Invest in Mothers
We’ve trained 392,000 volunteer leaders in 19,000 villages across Africa, Latin America & South Asia.
Help us empower more women so they too can begin to build a food secure future for themselves & their family.
What’s the impact
- Women now represented for the first time on the village council
- Women are building thriving new businesses
- Women have come together to stop child marriage
- Women are campaigning against FGM in their villages
- Infant and maternal mortality is dropping with access to new clinics
- Girls (and boys) are now going to school
- Family planning training is resulting in smaller families
- HIV/Aids being tackled with information, testing and treatment
The ‘cycle of hunger and poverty’ is being consigned to history >>
Learn more: Maternal Health Programmes | Girls, Education & Child Marriage